Problem with Handbrake when converting MKV/RMVB to MP4? Help?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thechungster, May 5, 2010.

1. thechungster macrumors regular

So currently, I have a 720p version of Ironman (RMVB) and a 720p version of Avatar (MKV) and since I'm planning on getting an iPad, I figured I might as well convert these movies to a 1024 x ??? resolution fit for the iPad.

The way I do it is to click the default iPhone video option and change the resolution and to make the file size at around 1.5-2GB. For the Ironman one, it converts and such but the audio and video are COMPLETELY out of sync and I don't know what's wrong with it :S But for the mkv, it stops like at around 30-40% and says it's done. Are there any other recommendations I could use to convert these properly/a way I can convert these on Handbrake without any problems?

Thanks.

2. thechungster thread starter macrumors regular

3. squirrel77 macrumors member

squirrel77

ditto

all I can say is I had the same problem, think you need to do a search of the forums to find an alternative solution to this which will mean unpacking the mkv container and doing something with the contents.
    mkvtoolnix and tsmuxerGUI are sitting in my apps folder on the mac mini. Last time I tried doing something with them on that it took 30 hours and I ended up with an unusable file, hoping for better luck with this i7 MBP!

4. J hit&runner macrumors newbie