Problem with Hard Disk

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ed4132, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Ed4132 macrumors regular

Hi

I can't access my hard disk please if somebody nows about any Company that can get my sensitive data Back, I don,t need the Disk what I need is the information on the Disk.

I will appreciate your help

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

The are one or two companies in Irkutsk I could recommend, but you might be from Myanmar so that might be a problem.

Where are you from and what kind of HDD (Hard Disk Drive - system or external or additional internal one) are you talking about? Does it still spin and just can't be recognized by your Mac?
    If it still spins, there is software, that is able to recover data from still spinning HDDs.

SO if you could further explain the problem you have with the HDD of yours, we might be able to offer alternatives, that are not as expensive as recovering data companies are in this day and age.

3. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

Reasons why you should back up!

Where is your HD located? Is it internal or external?

4. Ed4132 thread starter macrumors regular

I am in United State, the Hard Disk is Internal MacBook, the problem is not spinning and why I don't have a Backup is because before a few days at Wall mart parking somebody open my car a stole every thing in the car including my External Backup hard Disk Drive.

Unbelievable I loose my backup and the next day My MacBook stop working.

Thank you for your help

5. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

If it isn't spinning, could be a connector issue with your Macbook. You can open it up and try reinserting the drive. If that doesn't help, then not sure what else to suggest

6. zachsilvey macrumors 6502

You have a few options

1) Drive Doctors or other service that will almost guarantee to get your data back, but it will cost a lot. They charge $100 just to look at it.

2) Spinrite, one of the oldest but most reliable programs, written in assembly so it interfaces with the drive at the sector level. It is like $100 and you need a PC to put the drive into.

7. acurafan macrumors 6502a

Ontrack data recovery services. they are proven, i have clients using them.

google local data recovery services in your city. if your hdd is not spinning no software will help you.