Problem With Harddrive

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Linkissoboss, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Linkissoboss macrumors newbie

Alright, so yesterday my 1tb iOmega harddrive was working just fine. Earlier today I had that feeling that I wanted to watch Dragonball Z, so naturally I plugged it in, and to my surprise it wouldn't mount at all. So I head to the place where I always go when my harddrives wont mount, Disk Utility. So then I verify the disk, it tells me to repair. Then I hit repair and it tells me to back up everything. I have over 500 gb in backed up movies, tv shows, and music. help!!! what can I do? I really want to watch Dragonball Z

Attached Files:

2. Linkissoboss thread starter macrumors newbie

Extra Info

I am currently running 10.7.4 version of Lion, oh and I have reset my mac about 20 times, so that is not the problem. I have also used recovery disk to verify and repair, but to no avail I have still failed.

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

It looks like the disk may be dying. Unless you want to spend money to try a disk repair program like Disk Warrior or similar, at this point trying the reformat is your last option.

If your data is really critical you could also pay a data recovery company to take a go at it.