Problem with HDMI (maybe?)

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by KettyKrueger, Sep 24, 2008.

1. KettyKrueger macrumors 6502

KettyKrueger

Hi All

So for the last few days my ATV has been acting up.

I use a Sony AV receiver and when I switch inputs to ATV, I just get a black screen. The ATV is definitely on becuase the white light is on. Normally, I just flick thru the inputs then go back to ATV and it works.

Last fews days, the first time I use it on any given day, when it comes out of stand-by I would be greeted with the Apple Logo, is this normal?? I don't think so...

Tonight, I couldn't get it to work at all. Uplugged the power cable (which normally does the trick) but nothing. So I left it for 10 minutes or so on the black screen whilst I was feeding my daughter and then the light started flickering orange all of a sudden.

So then a screen showed that Apple TV had entered recovery mode! I took the opportunity to 'Run Diagnostics' (which I didn't realise you could do), everything working as it should.

So now it's seems to be okay but should I return it, and get a replacement??

At first I thought it was just an HDCP issue, so I was actually going to whack a component cable in there tonight. Do you think this would help matters?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks!

2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

i would give it a few more days and see if it acts up again, i think some of the problem might be with your receiver too, that might not be helping out the situation.