Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jetjaguar

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 6, 2009
somewhere
On my Apple TV 4 the hulu app never updates my watchlist with new episodes .. on the iPhone and iPad it always does .. anyone have this issue ?

benjitek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
The Hulu watchlist functionality is messed up regardless of platform, unrelated to the AppleTV... :(

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
I have had very good luck with the Hulu WatchList except it is not my userid/profile like Netflix. However, I have recently switched to using WatchAid which brings in content from all of my Apps (Hulu, Netflix, CBS, HBO etc) so that I now have a personal Watch List since it is based on iCloud ID. We have multiple TV's in the house so some have a different iCloud ID Logged in. Just wish there was a FAST SWITCH Option to have multiple iCloud ID Logged into the same TV.

I was hoping the New TV App from Apple would as good as WatchAid or better but so far in the beta I am not that impressed (only on the iOS so far). Somehow, I think the design is a problem in that it may rely heavily on the Apps themselves. WatchAid works independent of the Apps from Open Source Guides (I think).

Reactions: JBaby

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
The Apple TV app usually fails to update my watchlist too (the watchlist itself is OK on the PC or an iPad though). What you can do is to force quit the app (double tap the home button and swipe up on the app). After restarting, it will usually refresh the watchlist. It should be fixed though.

pubm89

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2017
What you can do is to force quit the app (double tap the home button and swipe up on the app). After restarting, it will usually refresh the watchlist. It should be fixed though.

Thanks Rigby. I had the same problem but your suggestion fixed it. But what a nuisance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.