Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dorthyinoz

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2006
Just got my new MBP 17" and want to download iAlertU. It downloaded find, but I can't get it to work. When I click the app it shows up in the top beside bluetooth but not in my dock. I try clicking the menu on the remote like the directions tell but that just brings up itunes, video ect. Any help would be great

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
That doesn't sound like a problem, iAlertU doesn't show up the dock. I think because it's supposed to be out of sight. It works just fine, press and hold the menu button on your remote and it'll activate.

beestigbeestje

macrumors regular
May 17, 2007
Belgium
Frontrow and iAlertU opens at the same time?

That doesn't sound like a problem, iAlertU doesn't show up the dock. I think because it's supposed to be out of sight. It works just fine, press and hold the menu button on your remote and it'll activate.

Doesn't pressing the Menu button enables Front row?
So you always have to open iAlertU before you can activate it, and close it if you want to use front row. I think it would be far more handy if you did not have to open iAlertU, that it was always active the moment you press the magic button, that's what I was wondering, iAlertU would open at the same time front row would, or am I seriously wrong here, I'm new to the program.:)

civilizedrat

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2007
iAlertU activates by pressing and holding the Menu button when the program is open. Front Row, however, opens by just one press of the Menu button, whether or not iAlertU is open.

iAlertU = press and hold of Menu
Front Row = single press of Menu

beestigbeestje

macrumors regular
May 17, 2007
Belgium
He meant to say the "Play/Pause" button. This is the button on the remote which activates the alarm on iAlertU when the program is active. Just a one press-and-hold is fine. "Menu" is what opens Front Row. Yea, it still works when iAlertU is up. I've had quite a pretty jolly time with this program in traumatizing my family and co-workers.

Does iAlertU work when the laptop is closed? I guess not... Do you know where I can download is for free without limitations?

shutch4251

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2009
I hold down the menu button and can only get front row to run.. 1) never use front row 2) trashed it from applications 3) front row still opens up!

Any other tricks to get ialertu to respond to remote?

dcen

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2009
Holding the "Menu" button on the remote won't work...

I hold down the menu button and can only get front row to run.. 1) never use front row 2) trashed it from applications 3) front row still opens up!

Any other tricks to get ialertu to respond to remote?

Hey did you get your remote to work with this???:confused:

Pothedd

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2009
No Symbol

Anywhere.
I open iAlertU. And that's it. Nothing else happens. No new symbol in the menu bar.
What's the deal?

dyzzle

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2010
Anywhere.
I open iAlertU. And that's it. Nothing else happens. No new symbol in the menu bar.
What's the deal?

can someone help me too? i open ialertu and nothing happens, not even in the menu bar. i deleted it using appcleaner and i saw that there were crash reports whenever i tried opening the app. why is it crashing?:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.