Problem with ibook screens

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by IPadNParadise, Feb 19, 2013.

1. IPadNParadise macrumors 6502

IPadNParadise

I have just made a mess of ibook app on my iPads. I have an ipad 2 and ipad 4 and they both have this same problem. I updated the software today to 6.2 (I think thats the number).

The problem started when I noticed that a book was paused in a download that I had already read and deleted on my iPad 4. So I signed out of my Apple ID and rebooted the iPad 2 and got this book off of it. Then I noticed that the top of the screen that should have said Library instead said Store. So the screen that says Library now is the one where all the new books are showing that you could buy from and the screen that says Store at the top is the one where I have 2 books on the shelf that I have to read. Plus many multiple copies of past books that I have read and deleted and are stored in iCloud keep showing up on my bookshelf of books to read (that now mistakenly says Store at the top). I edit, delete them and then as i go out of the app and come back in hoping that the screens have fixed, all those deleted books show up again.

So, I have again signed in and out of apple id, rebooted AND restored from a backup on my mac and the problem remains. I am going crazy. Please help. If in my panic, I am not clear, please let me know.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Try going into Settings app, find iBooks, turn "Show All Purchases" off.

3. IPadNParadise thread starter macrumors 6502

IPadNParadise

The only place in Settings thaI found iBooks was in itunes and Apps/Automatic Downloads from other devices. It was already set to off. I didnt find ,'“Show All Purchases". I'm not sure that would do anything for the wrong names at the top of Store/Library screens. Thank you for your response tho.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

That is in itself odd. There should be a separate entry for iBooks in Settings, with controls for Full Justification, Auto-hyphenation, tap Both Margins to Advance, Sync Bookmarks, Sync Collections, and Show All Purchases.

The reason I suggested turning off Show All Purchases is that the description of your problem reminded me of the time when the feature was first installed -- it made me think that all the books I had deleted had suddenly reappeared on the iPad again! But if that isn't the problem, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. :(

5. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

You restored from a backup, so any corrupted data files could just end up being out back on.

Force quit iBooks, delete it off the iPad, reboot and reinstall iBooks from the store and then see what happens when you download a book or two. If it works fine then it was crap you were restoring with the backup.