problem with idvd???

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jw7, May 9, 2009.

1. jw7 macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm using a 20'' iMac 05, well every time i transfer video from imovieHD to idvd i get a tiny flashing pixel on the screen when the burnt dvd is playing, whether its on the mac screen or the tv screen the flashing pixel is there. Originally I thought it might be the new hdv camcorder i bought but the flashing pixel does not show in the imovie window nor does it show when i transfer video from imovie back to the camcorder, nor does the pixel flash when i connect the cam directly to the tv to view footage. I only see the flashing pixel on the idvd exported dvd. So i figure it may be my idvd software and not the hdv cam?...what ya think? Anybody else encounter something like this? Thanks in advance for any advice

2. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

What format is the exported movie in. MOV, MP4, etc. I had a similar problem only it was much worse than yours. I exported about 25 video to M4V format and didn't save the iMovie projects. The DVD exported fine but ALL the videos were in a quality 50 times less than they were in iDVD. They were lagging and choppy. I fixed that problem though - don't export to M4V format ever again!