Problem with iDVD

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Lacey, May 30, 2009.

1. Lacey macrumors newbie

I am trying to burn a 4.2 GB project in iDVD. My project is saved onto an external hard drive, and when I start it burning, I get an error message that says "Not enough free disk space for encoding the remaining assets." It says I only have 825 MB available on my hard drive and 3.362 are needed for encoding, but I actually have 786 GB free! Any idea what could be causing this?

2. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

This means its run out of space on the internal drive. This is because the cache is created on the internal/system disk, not the external, so you'll need to clear some space on the internal disk temporarily.

3. MAC-PRO-DEMON macrumors 6502a

MAC-PRO-DEMON

That is correct... so maybe you should run something like MacDust/CleanMyMac!! Or Sponge, DaisyDisk!! They would help you to get some space free!!

4. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

Another useful utility is OnyX, I used it to clean out the Applications cache on my MacBook and gained about 3GB of space (CS4 - most greedy program ever, it has eaten my HDD and RAM).

5. MAC-PRO-DEMON macrumors 6502a

MAC-PRO-DEMON

LOL... Onyx may be free.. but you can run trials of the other programmes (MacDust notably) that do all that they would if you bought them... so you should do that first!!