Problem with Image Capture

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vijayram, May 18, 2009.

1. vijayram macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone

I've had a MacBook for nearly 2 years and recently convinced my parents to switch from a PC to an iMac. I've managed to get everything up and running with the exception of our scanner which is an Epson Perfection 1640SU.

When I push the scan button on the scanner, the computer recognizes the scanner and comes up with a preview. I can make adjustments with the menus but I can not actually push the "scan" button because it is grayed out. I've attached a screenshot so people get an exact idea of what I'm dealing with. I'd appreciate any help on how to actually scan my images as my parents tend to use the scanner every few weeks.

Attached Files:

2. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

smurfjammer

Don't you have to make a selection in the preview window? The source size is 0x0 pixels which make me think that you need to select something.

3. vijayram thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I'm a complete idiot. It's been several years since I personally used the scanner myself and I remember Adobe would fire up on the PC and automatically scan the document. All I had to do was highlight the section I wanted this time around. Thanks again...rookie mistake.

Vijay

4. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

smurfjammer

Glad I could help, good luck with the scanning..