Problem with iMessage (Not coming through)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jamie0003, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Jamie0003 macrumors 6502a

Me and my Girlfriend always iMessage each other when she's on lunch (at about 1-2PM.)

It works fine usually, but sometimes, more often than i'd like, her messages will stop coming through for no reason, and she will have to ring me to check whether they went through. I pick the phone up, and the moment I do, they all come through at once (My phone rumbles and I can hear the text tone.)

The same happens the other way round, my iMessages/texts will stop coming through and then when she picks up the phone, they come through all at once.

I don't know whether this is a problem with iMessage, as a similar thing happened when we were texting when she had a blackberry on Vodafone (i'm on O2, we're both on iPhones on O2 now)

Is there something wrong with my phone, or could it be a carrier problem? Has anyone else had similar problems perhaps on different networks?

We both updated to iOS 5.1 last night, and it happened today, so if it's a software bug, it obviously hasn't been fixed yet.

2. Jamie0003 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I still seem to be having this problem, could anyone shed some light on this? I have tried a restore and obviously rebooting my phone as well as cleaning the sim card.

3. speed4tu macrumors member

4. Jamie0003 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's nice, but doesn't really help my problem. Has anyone else on the O2 UK network had this issue?

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I'm with O2, not sure if it's related, but today I am getting messages from people I don't even know...Not just a couple, but 6 or 7 to date...I replied "Do I Know You" and they stop, then another name appears....Spam? Or mis-directed messages I'm not sure.

6. Jamie0003, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012

Jamie0003 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Have you used your account on other iDevices in the past? I have heard it's a bug that happens when you have used other devices in the past. This isn't the issue i'm getting though.

Here's the link: http://www.macrumors.com/2011/12/15/imessage-bug-sends-texts-to-stolen-iphones/

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

No, it turned out to be someone here " testing " their cloud account....A non issue in the end!

8. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath