Problem with imessage

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by jdaniel, Dec 18, 2014.

1. jdaniel macrumors 65816

So I lost my phone and I have been trying to use imessage on my mac and it doesn't seem to be working everything returns as not delivered. Help? THANKS

2. Artimus12 macrumors 6502

Artimus12

Have you tried Find My iPhone from your Mac's iCloud web login? Use it inform you when the phone is switched on\located & to put a message on the phone's screen, which would be more helpful than just sending a message, I would think - you can also lock it &\or remote wipe it ...once wiped you won't find it again though.

3. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

thanks for the reponse, the thread is about sending imessage from mac not about the phone being lost, that is just a back story incase my not having an iphone with me at the moment some how affects imessage on mac in a way I am not aware of.

4. Artimus12 macrumors 6502

Artimus12

Oooookay!

So have you set your message preferences to "Start new conversation from:" ...your Apple ID email address rather than your lost & deactivated iPhone number?

Attached Files:

5. NoBoMac macrumors 6502a

Also: of course, can only send to other iMessage users (ie. won't deliver SMS)

For example, here is what happens when I try to send to my other number which is not an iPhone.

Attached Files:

6. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816