Problem with importing video from Camera into Imovie...help please

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by storypoint, Aug 29, 2012.

1. storypoint macrumors newbie

Hello, new user here. I have been having a problem that I cannot figure out. I import video from a Sony HC-7 into imovie (latest version) using the standard import function via firewire. For some reason, the import is fine for most of the time and then plays back as double time. Tried using new tapes and it continues. There seems to be no "pattern" so I am stuck. Anybody deal with this before or have any suggestions for what is happening? Thank you.

2. daybreak macrumors 6502a

3. storypoint thread starter macrumors newbie

After the import, the video plays back normal and at some point starts to play at twice the speed...sounds like a chipmunk.

4. daybreak macrumors 6502a

Thanks for that. O.K. two ways of doing this. Using iMovie11.
    I guess your footage is in the event and Project?. I guess it plays double in your project.
    Play as normal and soon as it plays double....Stop....Go to Event and find that clip which kicks starts your double trouble.
    Remove clip from Event and Project section.
    I guess the import material is from one camera captured?
    Are you storing the material on your main Hard drive?
    How far in when you play those the trouble start? Is there title or any other effect on the clip it starts?

5. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

My miniDV camcorder can record at Standard or Long Play. Has all the footage been recorded at the same speed?

Another iMovie work around is that you can slow down the playback. Double click on a clip in a Project to open up the Inspector and try adjusting the speed.

6. daybreak macrumors 6502a

At present Dave we have little information. Reading from the post his trouble is when he plays the footage in iMovie?.