Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dutchmaccer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2009
The Netherlands
Hi everybody,

I have a problem installing Windows 7 64bit on my MacBook Pro (17", 2.5 Ghz, 4 GB ram, 512 MB Vram)

The installation procedure seems to run normally, but at the end of the procedure i get the message: "Windows Setup could not configure windows to run on this computers's hardware".

What went wrong, or am I doing something wrong? Can I install Windows 7 64 bit with bootcamp on my computer??

Greetz

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
Hi everybody,

I have a problem installing Windows 7 64bit on my MacBook Pro (17", 2.5 Ghz, 4 GB ram, 512 MB Vram)

The installation procedure seems to run normally, but at the end of the procedure i get the message: "Windows Setup could not configure windows to run on this computers's hardware".

What went wrong, or am I doing something wrong? Can I install Windows 7 64 bit with bootcamp on my computer??

Greetz

Huh, that's odd. You have an early '08 MBP I'm guessing (I have the exact same specs)? I tried Win7 64-bit on my machine and it worked fine. Maybe the DVD burned poorly? Does this message happen after the whole installation procedure?

dutchmaccer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2009
The Netherlands
I have got the MacBook Pro early 2008.

I get the message at the last part of the installation (at the "Finishing installation" screen).

Instead of "Installation succesfully" I get this error message.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.