Problem with internet - PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'macOS' started by anjinha, Mar 7, 2008.

1. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I have a new 2.4 Macbook with Leopard. I connect to the internet wireless through a Linksys router and I use WPA Personal.

Sometimes when i have been connected to the internet for a while it just stops working although airport shows full bars. So I disconnect from my network and try to connect again but now it says my password is wrong, which I know it isn't. So know in order to connect I just unplug my modem and router and plug them again and now I can connect with no problem until it stops working again.

Can anyone help me with his? I didn't have any trouble with this with my old Macbook and this is getting annoying...

2. Mark-NL macrumors newbie

Same thing here

I have the same exact problem. it usualy happens when i'm watching a movie on You Tube; firefox freezes, i get disconnected from the network and i cannot reconnect to my router. I have to restart it to get it working again. I suspect that router is the problem. It's old and it was cheap. But still its very annoying.

I'm upgrading to Time Machine when it's available here in the Netherlands. I hope that will help!

3. fadethis macrumors member

experiencing pretty much the exact same issue

i've got a belkin 2.4Ghz router, still not sure what it could be, i've exchanged it once, thinking of trying it again, might not fix the problem though

anyone have ideas?