Problem with iomega external hard drive

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by johnmc09, Feb 28, 2010.

1. johnmc09 macrumors newbie

Hi, Just bought an iomega multimedia hard drive for my mac and the computer doesnt recognise it.

It's in fat 32 which is compatible but disk utility tells me the partitions are linux.

Does it need to be reformatted and if it does then what format should I use?

I'll be using it on windows and macs and hooking it up to a tv too so the format needs to be compatible with all three platforms! :)

2. simplymuzik3 macrumors 6502a

You're going to have to use fat 32 if you want to be able to use it in windows. Just out of curiosity, did you get this one?

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=8b51985aacf2c78318b5fb919cb943f9en02

I just opened it up about an hour ago, and Im having SOOO many problems with it! I re-formatted it as Mac OSX Extended Journaled and I split it up into 2 500GB partitions. One for time machine and 1 for media. The drive keeps disconnecting every 5 mins! I cannot even transfer my data over to it because it loses connection and I have to unplug/replug it in every time! It's so horrible to use. Im going to call and complain about mine tomorrow!

I hope you have a better experience with yours!

Attached Files: