Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GtotheK

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 17, 2009
Hi folks,
This may be an easy fix, but it's driving me nuts. I noticed that my IP address is different on my devices, and I'm unable to use some apps on my iPhone, such as Apple Remote for iTunes and Airmouse, and AirVideo. It seems the last digit in my IP address is different, here's the example: 192.168.1.X, where X is different on my Macbook, iPhone, and Airport Extreme. How do I fix this? Thanks in advance

GtotheK

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 17, 2009
Why can't I use any of those apps then? I'm on the same wireless network, so shouldn't it work???

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
Why can't I use any of those apps then? I'm on the same wireless network, so shouldn't it work???

You haven't provided us with enough information to determine why the apps may not be working. Are you getting any error messages? What kind of apps are not working? Have you contacted the developer? All I can say is that the IP isn't your problem.

GtotheK

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 17, 2009
Apple Remote for iTunes, Airmouse, and AirVideo are the iPhone apps that won't work. It says it can't connect to the network, which is BS because my macbook and iphone are all on the same wifi network. developer support has been no help at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.