Problem with iPhone 5 and App Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by diamond3, Sep 21, 2012.

1. diamond3 macrumors 6502a

Oct 6, 2005
    I got my iphone 5 today and can update, search apps, and use the genius feature in the app store. My problem is it shows a blank screen when I select featured or charts. If I hit the categories button in the top left corner, nothing shows up either.

My iphone 4 works just fine under iOS 5, but I haven't updated it to iOS 6.

Is anyone having this problem?

Attempted troubleshooting:
    Restart phone
    Force close app store
    Use wifi and cellular
  2. davmcn macrumors regular

Jan 5, 2011
    I'm having the same problem, where i'll type in a name of an app, it'll show that it's in the list. I'll press on it, and nothing will appear. I do the same on my 4S and it works fine... problem ?
  3. Smin macrumors newbie

Sep 5, 2007
    I am having the same issue. The only time I can see apps is in the genius tab or the update tab. If I'm in the features or charts tab I see nothing bu a blank screen.

I've tried restarting the phone but no luck. This is on the iPhone 5
  4. diamond3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oct 6, 2005
    I can do that, I just cant see the main page or the top apps list. But now just as I typed this, I tried viewing the list and it worked. I still can't get the featured page to load anything. I'm guessing maybe it's a problem with apple, but I'm not sure.
  5. Hammie macrumors 65816

Mar 17, 2009
    Wash, DC Metro
    It's been touch and go for me.

There have been times when it says there are no updates when I know for a fact there are updates. Other times the blank screen. I cannot say if my 4S did this with iOS 6, but I know that this has NOT happened on my iPad 3rd Gen at all.
  6. diamond3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oct 6, 2005
  7. iphone5user005 macrumors newbie

Sep 21, 2012
    Our iphone 5 app search returns a blank screen...anyone have any ideas on how to fix. Verizon rep said they would call us back, but no call so far.
  8. iphone5user005 macrumors newbie

Sep 21, 2012
    Our iphone 5 is ok is working...thinking the Apple site may be a bit overwhelmed tonight with the release of the new phones and everyone playing and searching....just sayin
  9. TurkEclipse macrumors newbie

Sep 15, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    I have the same problem. it still works fine on my old 4s.. thinking about restoring :/