Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chisoxfan922

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2015
Hello this is my first post so I am not sure if I put this in the right spot. I have a iPhone 5c and about 5 mins ago after ending a facetime chat, my phone's screen went to the Update Complete screen and is asking me to activate my phone. I haven't updated my phone since ios8 came out. Is my phone forcing me to update to the most recent ios patch or is there something wrong with my phone? Thanks in advance.

Rusty33

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2011
Australia
Hello this is my first post so I am not sure if I put this in the right spot. I have a iPhone 5c and about 5 mins ago after ending a facetime chat, my phone's screen went to the Update Complete screen and is asking me to activate my phone. I haven't updated my phone since ios8 came out. Is my phone forcing me to update to the most recent ios patch or is there something wrong with my phone? Thanks in advance.
Sounds quite strange... Have you tried restarting the telephone?

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Your iPhone isn't forcing you to do anything. You are probably on an iOS8.? version other than the latest, 8.4
That being the case, your iPhone is prepared to update to that latest firmware.
You may choose to ignore it (other than the preloaded firmware that is ready to install).

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
Is there any reason as to why you haven't updated your phone? Based on your post I don't think anything is wrong with your phone. To be sure it may be best to go into an Apple Store and have them verify if you are able to but otherwise I think your phone is fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.