Problem with iphone6 touch screen

sala769

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
My touch screen keeps freezing all the time that its making it impossible to use my phone,I restored my iphone,it worked fine for a bit then started freezing again.
It only works perfectly fine when i connect it to my laptop(which is a mac incase that matters).

Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong here or what i can do to fix it?

akash.nu

macrumors 604
May 26, 2016
Did you ever get the screen replaced by a third party? If not then the flex cable inside may have gotten loose. A quick trip to the Apple store should fix it. No idea about the cost though.

iSayBoourns

Suspended
Sep 15, 2017
Could be a case of Touch Disease that a lot of original iPhone 6 models could eventually suffer from.

Apple did offer a program for fixes (replacing the screen on them) due to being a defect. But not sure if they still offer than program.

Reactions: sdwaltz

Zune55

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2015
My touch screen keeps freezing all the time that its making it impossible to use my phone,I restored my iphone,it worked fine for a bit then started freezing again.
It only works perfectly fine when i connect it to my laptop(which is a mac incase that matters).

Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong here or what i can do to fix it?
Yes my mom’s 6 plus has that issue. Apple has program to replace the phone for that. Apple charges $149 for that service.

akash.nu

macrumors 604
May 26, 2016
Could be a case of Touch Disease that a lot of original iPhone 6 models could eventually suffer from.

Apple did offer a program for fixes (replacing the screen on them) due to being a defect. But not sure if they still offer than program.
The touch disease program was only for the plus model.