Problem with Ipod Touch & pictures

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cajunmacuser, Jul 29, 2010.

1. cajunmacuser macrumors newbie

I have a 4th generation Ipod touch. After downloading pictures to my Ipod Touch straight from my SD cardreader the downloaded picture format changed on my SD card. I can no longer display my pictures on other mediums (i.e. Snapfish, Facebook) from that SD card.

For pictures taken since this happened I saved them to a folder on my Macbook before trying to put them on my Ipod touch. I get an error message saying that my Ipod is synched to another photo folder and did I want to replace the existing photos on my Ipod with the ones in the new folder.

Can't I switch places from where I get pictures without getting an error message? Seems pretty silly that I can't.

Thank you!

2. celticpride678

You have a fourth gen iPod touch? Can you post a pic of it?

3. cajunmacuser thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry! My daughter told me the wrong generation: its 2nd not 4th.

4. v2allen macrumors regular

v2allen

Awww....:mad:

5. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

About to say....

I dont really understand. How did you download pics straight to the Touch from the SD card?

6. JediMeister macrumors 68040

I don't have a solution at the moment but I'll take a stab at clarifying and interpreting what is going on. iTunes allows you to sync pictures with iPhoto/Photoshop Elements and also with a folder or folders in Finder or Windows Explorer. With the cardreader connected, the OP set up syncing of pictures with folders on the SD card. Now when the OP selects a different computer/folder to sync photos with, it has to delete the previously synced photos from the iPod before it can add new ones...Have I understood the issue?