Problem with iPod touch w/aux cable

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by cwsw, May 12, 2008.

1. cwsw macrumors newbie

I was thrilled to get an iPod touch for Mothers Day. This morning I went to connect it to my Belkin aux cable in my car (that worked great with my old 20 GB iPod) and it only plays music intermittently. I tried changing songs & playing with the screen, plugging & unplugging. I can't get it to keep playing music. What am I doing wrong? It's very frustrating. One of the main reasons I have an iPod is to listen to music in the car.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

2. sgtboy macrumors 6502

Have you tried restoring your ipod via itunes?

3. iBLAKEE macrumors 6502

It's pretty obvious that she has, seeing that it has MUSIC on it.

4. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

I would check the cable to make sure that there aren't any kinks in it, and to make sure that no wires are exposed. Also, listen to it for a little while using headphones to make sure its not the headphone port thats messed up. Otherwise, theonly thing I can think of is maybe you didn't plug it in FAR enough

5. cwsw thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies!

I've been messing with this all day. It appears to be the iPod, not the cable. It keeps stopping in my Bose docking station too. It will play anywhere from 10 seconds to 5 minutes and then freeze up. I have the current updated iTunes, I have a MacBook Pro... I've restored it once. I made an appointment with Apple tomorrow morning. I'm really frustrated and disappointed with this product.