problem with irealsms and bitesms

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by psywzrd, Aug 9, 2010.

1. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I just installed BiteSMS on my iphone 4 to try it out. I noticed that in both quick compose and quick reply (or whatever they're called), my messages are being cut off when I type them. As I'm typing my new message or my reply, the first two lines show up fine; however, when I get to the 3rd line the letters are cut off and I can only see the very top of them. In other words, it's like it's not scrolling correctly or something. By the time I get to the 4th line of my message, the letters don't appear at all. Anyone else noticing this? I'm having the same problem with the QC and QR functions in irealsms so it must be something else I have installed that's causing the problem. Can't figure out what the heck it is though.

Attached Files:

2. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

you running a lockscreen add on? looks like the first line of info there is where the QR font is cutting off....i dunno, could be wrong.

3. insidmal macrumors 6502

insidmal

4. bengtc macrumors regular

if you have the weather icon beta installed, uninstall it.
    if not then its lockinfo that is causing that issue, particularly the libweather plugin

try opening cydia and updating libweather

5. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

No I haven't had any problems in the short time I've been using biteSMS. The screen shot is of my phone. I did read a post talking about a similar problem with Quickreply for SMS. The text was completely missing after a certain line. I'll find the link and post back.

Ok, here's the link.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=988804&highlight=quickreply

Similar problems with similar functioning but separate applications. Coincidence? Maybe it's iOS4 related and not just biteSMS? I'm not sure what to make of it.

Attached Files:

6. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

I do have lockinfo installed. I tried disabling lockinfo on the lockscreen and the problem persists.

7. bengtc macrumors regular

Try removing lockinfo and then reinstalling irealsms and bitesms and see if that works...

also try downloading lockinfo from http://iphone.ashman.com/beta/

8. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

Well it looks like Lockinfo was the culprit. I removed it along with Lock Weather Plugin, LibWeather, Weather Plugin and Weather Icon and now bitesms works just fine. Please tell me that I'm not going to have to go back to using Intelliscreen though. What is it about Lockinfo that was causing this problem for me?

9. supervelous macrumors 6502

I was having the exact same problem. I disabled a lot of recent Cydia additions and the issue went away. However, I stilll have lockinfo - that is not the culprit. I think it's one of the Weather plug-ins or libweather, possibly libweather because I had that and disabled and working fine since.

10. bengtc macrumors regular

^^^
    it was the libweather plugin causing the problems. The app developer David Ashman is working on getting an update out to solve the bug.

11. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

Gotcha. Is that plugin necessary?

12. xoxoxKN macrumors newbie

Mine just started doing the same thing yesterday too :(

Which is weird, cause I removed the packages that I had added that I thought might be contributing to the problem, but that still didn't fix it.

It used to work fine before. With Lockinfo & Weathericon & the libweather plugin. Now, all of a sudden... It's acting up.