Problem With iSight on Brand New MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by amr8521, Nov 30, 2007.

1. amr8521 macrumors newbie

Hi. I just bought a brand new MacBook, and love it....except:
    There's something wrong with iSight. The green light right next to the camera (on the right side) is ALWAYS on (since I turned on the computer for the first time), even when it's not in use (or atleast I think it's not in use, as there are no programs open right now except Finder and Firefox. When I open PhotoBooth , it just shows a black screen. When I open iMovie, select capture and select the built-in iSight camera, there's also nothing but a black screen, even when recording. Also, when I try to take a snapshot with PhotoBooth, it counts down as usual, takes a picture, but there is no blank or black picture that then shows up in the library. Also, at the bottom "status bar" it says there is one image, but there are none showing up in the library.

What should I do? Is my computer/camera broken, or is there some setting I have to turn on, or some other fix? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Thanks in advance,
    amr8521

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

You can try booting up into Safe Boot mode and see if the light is still on. Then reboot.

3. product26 macrumors 6502a

product26

I already helped this guy fix this exact same problem. You really should search.

click here to fix it

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Glad my posted solution worked.

Sometimes it is easy to miss a solution even if you do search. It now seems there is more than one way to solve this problem.

5. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

Hi,
    Just thought I'd say that I had this problem but after turning off, removing the battery and holding the power button every thing is fine.