Problem with isight XP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by deafanimator, Aug 18, 2009.

1. deafanimator macrumors member

I have down load the most current isight driver for OS XP in VM ware Fusion. My wife white mac book went with no problem installing the isight driver and the XP recognized the isight driver. I was able to use mac book to use skype etc..

NEXT I tried on my Mac book Pro 15" 2.53ghz and does not recognized by XP. I have searched all over website and found out that Mac book Pro does not support but only mac book.. Why? I need help to trouble shooting and make it work.. It is very important for me.

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

While in Fusion, use your restore discs to install the Boot Camp drivers for your computer. That's how I got my iSight to work properly while in Fusion. you shouldn't have to download anything from Apple's website.

3. deafanimator thread starter macrumors member

can you explain the simple english by the step by step how to make it work

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

While in Fusion, insert your restore disc that came with your Mac. You might have to go to My Computer if it doesn't autorun. Once the disc loads, just follow on the screen instructions (just keep clicking next) until the drivers have installed and restart XP.

5. deafanimator thread starter macrumors member

I have tried but no Luck

I have followed the instruction what you gave me simple instruction. I was running XP on VMware Fusion and i put Macbook Pro (Mac OS X install DVD). I opened up manage device and found isight and update the driver. I found the boot in CD and found the boot camp to driver. My Macbook Pro scanned and could not find driver or anything. I even tried do the manual from control panel to add device image or camera.. Still I could not get driver for it. HELP please..

6. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Instead of looking for driver yourself, let the installer install it for you.

1. Insert Restore Disc
    2. My Computer>right-click optical drive>autorun

follow on screen instructions. It should work.

Once the install is completed, at the bottom right corner of the Fusion window, there should be an icon that looks camera (next to the USB icon), right click it and select connect Apple iSight.

7. deafanimator thread starter macrumors member

still not work

I understand what you said and do auto install.. only thing it did say to install aiport remote and other things.. it did scanned the cd quickly. still i can not get video driver.. what is other options?

8. deafanimator thread starter macrumors member

Got It

weird that My bottom icon does not show or in property in control panel that does not show name isight.. just plain camera. even though it does not have property name of isight or something like that.. fortunately i able to make it work just very plain video icon and no names or no informaiton property of camera..

is your the same thing on the Mac book Pro? but my wife macbook that does list isight and information in property..

9. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Check to see that Show status bar is enabled in the view menu. All MBP has similar hardware so it should be the same.