Problem with iTunes 7.6.2 and purchased videos?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by drewfus, Apr 7, 2008.

1. drewfus macrumors 6502

drewfus

I just updated my iMac to iTunes 7.6.2 and Quicktime 7.4.5, and all of a sudden, it doesn't want to play any of the videos that I purchased through iTMS. I haven't updated on my MacBook (still on 7.6.1/7.4.1) and the videos play fine. Has anybody else experienced this problem with the newest versions?

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I think I have the same problem. On my iMac, I just get a grey screen. no video and no audio but the timeline advances as if the video were playing.

I tried deleting all my purchased videos - 32GB worth and adding them back doesn't help. They play fine on my MBP and my MacBook.

3. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Ok, my problem was simply because I forgot to upgrade Quicktime at the same time I upgraded iTunes. I was in the middle of things and didn't want to have to restart the computer so I didn't upgrade Quicktime. I then eventually just forgot all about it. This made my videos not work.

4. drewfus thread starter macrumors 6502

drewfus

hm...interesting..so then what did you end up doing about it to fix it?

5. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I clicked on the Apple up there and ran software update. Quicktime was one of the updates so I updated it and my videos worked.