Problem with itunes and artwork

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bigwayne3000, Nov 23, 2008.

1. bigwayne3000 macrumors regular

Ok so I have an itouch and after a yr or so, I've decided I'm sick of not seeing artowrk for most of my library. I already used the Get Artwork feature on itunes and I'm sitll missing some. That means I'm going thru song by song and making sure they are labeled correctly etc. As I do this I've run across another problem which is hard to describe so bare with me.

I have about 10 songs that belong to the SAME album/ SAME artist. They are ALL labeled the SAME way but yet in tile view of itunes, the SAME album artwork appears 4 times. Why is this? By another example, I have say 5 other songs in the same album but those I have no problems with those. Those 5 songs are under 1 album artwork. Why does that work with those songs? It just doesn't make sense.

How do I fix this? I'm OCD with stuff like this so I don't want to be looking at 4 of the same album arts when the songs are on the same CD and they should be under 1 artwork. Any help is appreciated.

2. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

iTunes sorts by the Album Artist tag before Artist (ie. it uses Artist only if Album Artist is empty), so check that all the tracks have the same Album Artist.

Edit: as for finding missing artwork, look at Doug's Applescripts for iTunes, in particular http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=trackswithoutartwork

Edit 2: that is, if you're using a Mac