Problem with iTunes and Home Sharing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jakudo, Oct 8, 2011.

1. jakudo macrumors member

Hi, can anybody explain me how the home sharing works? I thought I just set it (by my Apple account) on both our macs (my and my wifes) and it should work. And it kind of does work, however, there's problem with copying music/apps.
    When I buy some music/app, my wife just easily click on my library on her computer in her iTunes and can click on the file and download it from me. However, when she buys some music/app, I can't download it from her. My iTunes tells me:

"The file "name of the song/app" could not be coppied because this computer is not authorised."

But when I click on "Authorise this computer" it tells me that this computer is already athorised.

What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

And you're buying things on 1 iTunes account?

3. jakudo thread starter macrumors member

We have two account (my and my wife's). The home sharing is set by my account...

Should I authorize my computer with her account (her computer is authorized with my account)?

4. waynep macrumors 6502

I am using home sharing with my MBP and my wife's. But we have a single iTunes account and share it. Both MBP's are authorized to the account. Works great!

5. jakudo thread starter macrumors member

I've found the problem. When I set up the home sharing, I authorized my wife's macbook with my account, but I didn't authorize my macbook with her account. Now I have authorized both of them and it works great :)