Problem with Itunes/Iphone...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dpizz450, May 16, 2010.

1. dpizz450 macrumors newbie

Alright, in the past someone I know use to use itunes on my PC. They used it to back up, store, update, etc for their Iphone. Well now anytime I back up or update my Iphone (3gs) I get all of their apps and contacts put on my phone. Is their anyway I can delete their account off of my comp/itunes? Or something along those lines? When I am doing my phone, I am always logged in under my username in Itunes, but it still updates my phone with all their crap on it. I can't figure it out for the life of me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The only reason that could be is during the sync. For contacts, what do you have the sync settings to? Outlook? Windows Address Book? Windows Contacts? If one of those, look at the software and replace their stuff with yours.

3. dpizz450 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, I'm not very Itunes friendly. I haven't used it all that much. I think i used it once to update my phone and this happened. Explain a little more detail please? Do i have to sync up my phone to go into these settings? What do I need to set it to?

EDIT: Ok, I found it. It is set to windows address book. What do I need to set it to, for their contacts to not be synced onto my phone? It gives me a choice of windows, google, or yahoo.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

So, you’re not backing up your phone either? You’re in for a world of hurt if you ever have a problem. Backup your phone regularly, okay?

When you open iTunes and your phone is connected to USB, you’ll see the iPhone in the left pane. Click on it and it’ll open tabs in the middle pane. Under the Info tab are the sync settings for Contacts, Calendar and other things. Look at those and tell me what you have.

5. dpizz450 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeh, I do need to back up regularly.

I edited in my post above. I have windows, google, and yahoo for contacts. It's under windows now. Which one do I need to set it at? Thanks

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Well, what was it set at; Windows? Are you using Google or Yahoo for Contacts?

Edit: Sorry, I didn’t read your edit, since I thought you just pasted the same thing here. You were getting their contacts in Windows Address Book. So, it depends on the answer to my second question.

7. dpizz450 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have no idea what i'm using? lol. How do i know?