Problem with iTunes moving my music...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JMatthews1983, Oct 30, 2010.

1. JMatthews1983 macrumors newbie

whenever i'm in finder and i double-click on a song to play it, when itunes opens the song it removes it from the folder it's in and puts it in a new one called music...this is getting VERY frustrating, as i have all my music neatly organized the way i want it...

how can i get itunes to stop this? other than that, i'm very happy with my macbook pro, and definitely glad i switched over from pc...but this is an absolute killer...

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Change the preferences in iTunes.

Advanced->Keep iTunes Music folder organised (turn it off)

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

This behavior can be changed through the iTunes preferences under the Advanced tab.

4. JMatthews1983 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks a million...that was annoying the hell outta me...

one more question...i've seen the back and forth's about antivirus on a mac, a lot of it i read in this forum...i'm not so much worried about viruses cuz i don't click on strange links, but malware/spyware/phishers/etc. do concern me...

i've been told about clamxav, but when i downloaded it and ran a scan, the program crashed halfway thru the scan...seems kinda unstable, and i don't wanna use it if it's gonna be like that...

is that my best option, or is there something else? i know iantivrus is crap, and i don't trust norton...seems like everyone i know who's gotten norton actually GETS a virus...

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Read the following:

Btw, I am using Macs since 2004 and have not run any AV or similar software, and have not run into any problems with that yet. Just make sure what you install and give your password too (to access system files and folders) can be trusted.