Problem with jailbroken iPhone 4s 5.0

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Amilam, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Amilam macrumors newbie

Okay, so I broke my iPhone with absinthe and for a day everything was fine. Today I opened Cydia for the first time. Cydia starting checking and then abruptly quit. I then found that almost all of my apps had disappeared.

This includes Safari, iTunes, App store, Camera, Call button, Music, and most importantly the Settings button. The only thing that survived was some apps I had purchased and installed (thank god I have whatsapp), youtube, and Weather. Yay.

The apps that I have work, the data is still there because when syncing itunes recognizes my pictures. I can also receive calls (though they all appear as "Blocked" and I can't hang up the phone).

Aggravatingly I cannot update or restore my iPhone to fix this. If I try either iTunes tells me that the updates version doesn't work with my firmware. Any help would be appreciated.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Try a hard reset hold the home and power button until it starts to reboot.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

LOL :D you "broke" your iPhone with absinthe?? LOL Sorry that really made me LOL..

as mentioned before, a hard reset should solve your issue, sometime services go rouge and stuff like that can happen (rarely, but still could happen), reboot should take care of it.