Problem with Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 4

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by epomqo, Mar 11, 2011.

1. epomqo macrumors newbie

Dear all,

Just after installing the new Java update "Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 4", I have the problems with Java: command "java -version" resulted in "Unable to locate a Java Runtime to invoke."

I cannot really open Java Preferences in Utilities, saying that "No compatible version of Java 1.5+ is available."

Any thoughts on the fix? In "JavaVM.framework/versions" folder of Snow Leopard, there is no content in folder 1.5.0, since it is pointed to the 1.6.0 folder. In order to be able to switch order of Java versions in Java Preferences, should I get a Java 1.5.0 version and put it into that "versions" folder?

Many thanks for the help!
    Xiaowen

2. sabesh macrumors regular

I'm having the same problem. Did you find a fix for it? Thanks.

3. Costumed, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011

Costumed macrumors newbie

Same problem here. Still no fix?

EDIT: I inserted my SL Install DVD and did a 'Repair Permissions' and 'Repair Disk', but still nothing. I think a clean install will sort this out.

4. wayneslife2011 macrumors newbie

w

I have the same problem I went to Micro Center and ask the Mac teck there about what to do

He said do a repair on it I did and the problem still exist He said that Java is a complex program Like I don't know that

And a fix should be in the waiting room of Apple a day fix the problem brains