Problem with Java/Javascript on Web Browsers

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by prudens, May 17, 2009.

1. prudens macrumors newbie

The problem started few days ago - Safari4(Beta) didn't load some random pages. They are fully white and "whirling" all the time, no error message. Some pages are missing elements, but other pages works as always. When I open Web Inspetor all the content is there, but browser doesn't show it. It'so with all browsers (Camino, FF). When I disable javascript, alomst all the pages are loaded, but doesn't work correct, of course. Then I decided to check and i get result, that Javascript is ok, but Java is not enabled. But it is. I have already tried to repair permissions, restart cmputer, reset safari etc. Now i'm using safari 3.2.3, and MAC OS X 10.5.7.
    I don't see reason why this problem started, because nothing was changed in that moment. I made OS update (it "hanged", but after that computer worked fine, at least for a while). I haven't noticed that something else isn't working.
    After all this story I would like to know how to "reset" Java/Javascript, mby that helps, or please give me some other advice what else to try! :D

Attached Files:

2. prudens thread starter macrumors newbie

Believe it or not, but after this post everything started to work just excellent. I'm sorry for spam, this discussion can be deleted.

3. prudens thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem again, hope this will help. :D
    But if serious, then exactly the same situation on any other user account, restart or reset Safari doesn't help, repairing permissions doesn't help. I have no idea what else to try and what causes this.