Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrig

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to jailbreak an iPhone 4 without updating the baseband. I've done this a couple of times with other phones but this one is causing me problems.

It's an iPhone 4, currently running 4.3.3. Firmware 04.10.01, model is A1332.

I'm trying to update it to Unthethered 5.0.1 without updating the baseband, it uses Gevey unlock.

I've both tried PwnageTool and Redsn0w to create custom IPSW. And it has created NO_BB_iPhone3,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw. But when I try to restore it with iTunes it gives me,

"The iPhone could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build"

I've tried three different computers, I have tried editing the host file so it blocks or accept Apple servers, both manually and using Tiny Umbrella. I've tried three different versions of iTunes. Tried it both with and without the phone in DFU mode.

Any ideas?

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to jailbreak an iPhone 4 without updating the baseband. I've done this a couple of times with other phones but this one is causing me problems.

It's an iPhone 4, currently running 4.3.3. Firmware 04.10.01, model is A1332.

I'm trying to update it to Unthethered 5.0.1 without updating the baseband, it uses Gevey unlock.

I've both tried PwnageTool and Redsn0w to create custom IPSW. And it has created NO_BB_iPhone3,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw. But when I try to restore it with iTunes it gives me,

"The iPhone could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build"

I've tried three different computers, I have tried editing the host file so it blocks or accept Apple servers, both manually and using Tiny Umbrella. I've tried three different versions of iTunes. Tried it both with and without the phone in DFU mode.

Any ideas?

Apple isn;t signing 5.0.1 anymore so you need shsh blobs and to do it and need to use redsn0w or sn0wbreeze. without shsh blobs you can not install 5.0.1 only 5.1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.