Problem with "Kate"

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ebutka, May 8, 2008.

1. ebutka macrumors regular

ebutka

So I installed the trail and I go to turn my phone on after restarting and I go to the settings and I can't scroll down at all. I go to contacts, and I can't scroll down, nor can I switch to favorites, keypad, etc. I open the Kate app to remove everything, and I can't un-check them, I try to open installer to uninstall, I can't click uninstall. I have reset the phone sa few times and nothing is working. Help please. Has/Is anyone in the same boat as me? :(

2. bensternater333 macrumors member

yeah this happened to my friends and i figured out the only way to fix it is if u put it in DFU mode..... hopefully u know how... basically restore it and then re jailbreak it....
    just stay away from kate... i learned that the hard way like u:eek::eek::eek:

3. ebutka thread starter macrumors regular

ebutka

****........ I just had to do that yesterday......

4. ebutka thread starter macrumors regular

ebutka

after a little more research I found that you can not have dock installed, and you must have the SUID update installed.... otherwise it will freeze your iphone... Beware, make sure you do that so you don't end up like me....:mad:

5. tayloner182 macrumors member

Ok, this happened to me, and I'm pretty much a newb to alot of things involving unlocking the iPhone, so can someone give me step by step instructions on how to fix this and return my phone to normal?

6. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Yeah...the same thing happened to me. Dock is one of my favorite applications, and all I really wanted from Caterpillar (now Kate) was the way it puts upcoming events on the lock screen. That is still a feature I'm looking for in free, and more stable, software for the iPhone.

7. spinstorm macrumors 68000

If your phone stop working/freezes using Kate then first try and uninstall it using Installer.

If that fails you will have to restore your iPhone.

Just plug it into iTunes and when the phone appears click on restore and let it restore - DO NOT restore from backup.

If you used pwnage then restore to the custom firmware and if you didn't then you will have to jailbreak/activate again using iLiberty after restoring. You do NOT have to unlock again if you already have as unlocks survive restore!

8. Romainf macrumors member

I installed Kate on my iPhone yesterday and it completely f@#ked it up... the phone was stuck in reboot cycles without starting up.... I spent the whole afternoon trying to fix it, i couldn't turn it off completely, it was stuck in an endless cycle of rebooting, which made it very difficult to restore as the iPhone was appearing in itunes only for a minute and then disappeared again!

Anyway, i finally managed to restore and used pwnage this time (i used ziphone the first time).

9. LastZion macrumors 6502a

I installed Kate with no problems. I only enabled reminder and ucalander though, so that may be why all was good. I love Reminder, just dont want to pay $45 for it

10. MatthewStorm macrumors 6502a

MatthewStorm

Kate SUCKS! It totally screwed my iPhone. And they have a lot of nerve charging for this. What a rip off.

11. Justinthesaint macrumors regular

Are there any FREE applications that allow you to have a 5 icon dock and/or a reflective dock? Those are the only features from Kate that I'd like to have. :eek:

12. asahmedali macrumors newbie

DFU mode

What is DFU mode n how can we access it

13. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

I had the problem with Kate where the touch screen doesn't work. The way I fixed it was to turn my phone off, and leave it off for more than a minute before turning it back on. I guess it may have something to do with the capacitors draining.

14. ebutka thread starter macrumors regular

ebutka

Plug in the USB cable in the iPhone/iPod hold, while turned on, hold power and home button. When it restarts hold the home button down.

15. David G. macrumors 65816

Kate is the ONLY Jailbreak App that has ever screwed with my iPod touch. Stay away. Stay very far away.

16. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

LOL, I used the trial on my iPhone and did not have a problem with it.... The only thing I see as an issue is the cost.

17. opticalserenity macrumors 6502a

Funny thing is, installing "Kate" on my iPhone did nothing. And when I say nothing, I mean, it didn't change any settings that i could tell. No matter what I did to try to get it to work.lol.

18. Oliver Barker macrumors newbie

LoL! I just apply my settings and use Poof to hide it, I haven't touched the application in days... XD

19. sercasti macrumors newbie

Kate Really Sucks

DONT INSTALL THIS ****ING APP; I really mean it.

This kate app ****ed my phone and it took me a lot of time and anger to fix it, I lost a lot of calls and settings.

20. monckeys macrumors newbie

KATE is very badd :{

Yes,this Also Has Happened To Me,i Tried To Make A Phone Call Bout An Hour After Installing And My Keypad Froze,then My Phone Kept Turning Itself On And Off,luckily It Unfroze For A Min,still Couldn't Dial Out,soo I Uninstalled The ****** App,thank God!!!!
    Do Not Try To Install Kate!"she" Is Very Bad