Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bebetc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
Boca Raton, FL
I have a problem for some reason the keyboard is starting to look slightly like a different color, the silvery pretty color look like I stain or droop something in it, look a bit pink, I bought it on july, i am very anal with the cleaning and actually I clean it yesterday and it looks worse, I use Iklear; I don't know if this is normal because I previously had mac book pro and never had a problem with the keyboard; what should i do???? :( I hope the pics work....

DSC00571.jpg

DSC00569.jpg

DSC00570.jpg

metroid87706

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2008
New Baltimore, MI
Thats awkward. Are you sure it isn't the lighting situation? Try going under another colored light, or look outside. Looks like the light almost.

If not, if its still under warranty, take it in to an Apple Store.

bebetc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
Boca Raton, FL
I did look already outside (daylight), different type of lights too and still the same shame on this computer it seems like i have to take it to store :mad::(!!!

bebetc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
Boca Raton, FL
Since I got it every week I clean it, and I do scrub well normal I guess so I won't harm the keyboard....

metroid87706

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2008
New Baltimore, MI
the iKlear could be doing it. I suggest you take it into the Apple Store, and ask if it can be replaced. Don't mention iKlear, because then they may not replace it, because it'd be your fault.

Good luck!

bebetc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
Boca Raton, FL
I've use Iklear sometimes or a slightly white damp cloth every week so I really don't know what is going on plus I try to wash my hands every time I use the computer, but the thing is that all of the keyboard is turning a different color.

bebetc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
Boca Raton, FL
Update I spoke with the tech support and again since this is an issue they would replace my computer is a discoloration problem that's what they say, the bad thing is that I would have to wait a couple of weeks to get it does anybody know like how long I would I have to wait???

metroid87706

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2008
New Baltimore, MI
Update I spoke with the tech support and again since this is an issue they would replace my computer is a discoloration problem that's what they say, the bad thing is that I would have to wait a couple of weeks to get it does anybody know like how long I would I have to wait???

Shouldn't be too long.

Are they sending one to you, and then you just send back your old one?
If so, back up your stuff to some DVDs or do a FWTDM transfer when it arrives.

bebetc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
Boca Raton, FL
Shouldn't be too long.

Are they sending one to you, and then you just send back your old one?
If so, back up your stuff to some DVDs or do a FWTDM transfer when it arrives.

I did that already they would send me the new one as soon as they receive the old one and yes I did transfer all the information but really I don't know what to think this actually would be a third MBP replacement is just one thing after another :(:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.