problem with kies and mountain lion

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Saphire, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Saphire macrumors member

Saphire

I have just downloaded the latest Samsung kies and I can't get it to load on my imac with mountain lion it comes up with athe error it doesn't meet the requirements. I have tried to load an earlier version but that won't load either. any ideas

2. takezo808 macrumors member

have ou tried downloading the mac version here http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/

dam samsung even copied itunes app. :rolleyes: everything from the layout and even the phone info page screams itunes knock off.

I don't care if they continue to copy, just wish they admit it already. they can't get away with synonomous resemblance to common objects and colors as a defense here. It's completely obvious that sammy was aiming for the itunes look and feel so that iphone or ipod users will feel right at home.

3. watchthisspace macrumors 6502a

Off topic, but look up Songbird for desktop and Spotify. Both have a very iTunes-esk look and feel to them :p

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Kies looks nothing like iTunes. It's horrible software.

5. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

i never use kies. i just manually copy music.

Kies is like iTunes in the ipod days. Slow, and useless.

6. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

Itunes is bad (on PC, anyway), Samsung Kies is the DEVIL.

I downloaded it about 1-2 years ago and it caused all sorts of problems with my PC (like disabling all of my USB devices).

Don't use Kies... it sucks.

7. Saphire thread starter macrumors member

Saphire

Thank you all for your replies, for the moment I have given up with kies it just won't work with mountain lion. I have decided the easiest way to get files from the phone is to just plug it into my imac and open it up in finder and copy whatever I need to the desktop.