Problem with late 2009 mbp 13'

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cpym, Oct 28, 2011.

1. cpym macrumors newbie

Alright, so I've had this macbook pro since december 2009. it is a core 2 duo 13' with 4GB of RAM and a 256GB HD. I have taken great care of it and never have never had ANY problems. I constantly update my software and am running Lion. Recently( past few months) ((before, and after lion)) i have noticed my computer starts running its fan at an extremely high speed for no apparent reason, i know this is usually due to alot of programs being open and such and such but it happens when i am running Chrome and itunes.... i keep my macbook on a desk with its vent clear, i have no idea what to do
    ... Also, my macbook has also been crashing more frequently (chrome, itunes, iphoto, garageband) and it happens like once a day!! (system profiler just crashed while writing this)

long story short what is going on?! i have apple care, should i take it in to my local apple store?

PLEASE HELP!!!!

2. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

Take it in while it is still covered under applecare. I have the same machine as you and mine runs cool and has never crashed. Take it in, have them look at it and get it fixed. This should be a no brainer on your part. They will fix it for free.