Problem With Leopard!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sawtooth811, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Sawtooth811 macrumors 6502

Sawtooth811

:mad:My computer won't go to sleep with Leopard, and when it tries to sleep, I can't wake it up!!! I have to restart everytime it automatically attemps to sleep!!! Please help!:mad::mad::mad:

2. joegomolski macrumors 6502

joegomolski

Problem With Leopard!!

I believe there is a system error in Leopard's actions in regard to sleep.

Go into System Preferences, and select energy saver.

Then chose, to never let the computer sleep.

This seems like it won't be resolved until Apple posts another upgrade to Leopard.

3. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Is this a widespread problem? I've never heard of it before and my computer has no issues (so far). Just curious as to which platform has been having this issue.

Thanks!

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Did the OP do a clean install of Leopard or upgrade or Archive and Install. If anything other than a clean install then you will experience weirdness from Leopard.
    This can't be a widespread issue because my new iMac that I install Leopard (clean install) works great and my business partners all use Leopard and our Macs sleep perfectly. In fact sleep has never been an issue.

5. LouisBlack macrumors 6502

This is completely untrue... I did a straight forward upgrade and have had no problems. I admit some problems that people have experienced can be corrected by doing a clean install but the majority of people have had no problems with upgrading.

6. joegomolski macrumors 6502

joegomolski

Problem With Leopard!!

Don't know how wide spread the sleep problem is.

I did an erase and install on my 3 Macs. After that I reinstalled all of my programs, and transferred from backup my user data.

And I have the problem.

Turning off the Mac sleep option does, temporarily cure the problem of the Mac freezing, which then requires a hard reset. Which means you lose any unsaved data.

7. Europe calling macrumors regular

Europe calling

Freeze problems with 10.5.1

Hi,
    I have similar problems:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=396223

I never did an upgrade however. Leopard was a clean install. The problem started occuring after updating to 10.5.1, and in my case seems related to bluetooth