Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sawtooth811

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2007
:mad:My computer won't go to sleep with Leopard, and when it tries to sleep, I can't wake it up!!! I have to restart everytime it automatically attemps to sleep!!! Please help!:mad::mad::mad:

joegomolski

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2006
So CA
Problem With Leopard!!

I believe there is a system error in Leopard's actions in regard to sleep.

Go into System Preferences, and select energy saver.

Then chose, to never let the computer sleep.

This seems like it won't be resolved until Apple posts another upgrade to Leopard.

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I believe there is a system error in Leopard's actions in regard to sleep.

Go into System Preferences, and select energy saver.

Then chose, to never let the computer sleep.

This seems like it won't be resolved until Apple posts another upgrade to Leopard.

Is this a widespread problem? I've never heard of it before and my computer has no issues (so far). Just curious as to which platform has been having this issue.

Thanks!

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Did the OP do a clean install of Leopard or upgrade or Archive and Install. If anything other than a clean install then you will experience weirdness from Leopard.
This can't be a widespread issue because my new iMac that I install Leopard (clean install) works great and my business partners all use Leopard and our Macs sleep perfectly. In fact sleep has never been an issue.

LouisBlack

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
Balham, London
Did the OP do a clean install of Leopard or upgrade or Archive and Install. If anything other than a clean install then you will experience weirdness from Leopard.

This is completely untrue... I did a straight forward upgrade and have had no problems. I admit some problems that people have experienced can be corrected by doing a clean install but the majority of people have had no problems with upgrading.

joegomolski

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2006
So CA
Problem With Leopard!!

Don't know how wide spread the sleep problem is.

I did an erase and install on my 3 Macs. After that I reinstalled all of my programs, and transferred from backup my user data.

And I have the problem.

Turning off the Mac sleep option does, temporarily cure the problem of the Mac freezing, which then requires a hard reset. Which means you lose any unsaved data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.