Problem with Linksys Wireless N

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ichii, Dec 22, 2008.

1. ichii macrumors 6502

ichii

Since, switching to wireless N, I have been having problems connecting my Macbook. My other Pc and iPhone connects to it fine, sometimes it works fine and other times it won't connect and timeout.:(I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and if there's any other solution beside replacing the router.

2. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Same thing with my connection timing out with my belkin router. Cable guy came over, and said the cable modem probably needed replaced after 4 or 6 years. Son of a gun, it seems he was right.

3. ichii thread starter macrumors 6502

ichii

the router is still new, probably a few weeks old. it works when I connect it wired.

4. ahmad123456789 macrumors member

PLEASE i also need help with this... because sometimes i am using the macbook and internet goes off.

5. klempwrsu macrumors member

klempwrsu

When I bought my new linksys wireless-n router, i was expecting better connectivity and an overall better download and web surfing experience. But that wasn't the case, it became slower and had trouble connecting. And then i upgraded my router firmware to DD-WRT. Ever since, it has been amazingly fast and i have not had any trouble connecting.

Here is the link: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

I encourage you to install the firmware, it made a world of difference to my router.

6. LinMac macrumors 65816

I had nothing, but trouble out of a Linksys router I eventually replaced with a Time Capsule from Apple until I flashed the Linksys router with dd-wrt.

7. nytivofan macrumors newbie

Same problem here with my new D-Link DIR-655. Sometimes after waking up from sleep, my Alu. MB suddenly loses its connection with the router. To re-establish the connection, sometimes I need to turn the Airport off and then on again. Other times, the only way I can get Airport card to work normally is by clicking through a few of the Open Network Preferences/Assist Me/Diagnostics screens. Definitely annoying and, as far as I can tell, definitely an issue with OSX and the MB, not the router since no other device on my network (including an iPhone, XBox 360, Wii, PS3, wireless digital frame) has the same problem.