Problem with logmein

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Hitman1717, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Hitman1717 macrumors regular

I feel like I always run into problems! I downloaded and set up the laptop. I downloaded the app on my iPad. The iPad sees the laptop on screen. But it says the laptop must be connected to the Internet for it to work. The laptop is clearly connected to the Internet, so I don't know what's up. Plus, now on the iPad the icon for the laptop is grey and can't be accessed even if I log out or refresh. :mad:

2. Meanee macrumors 6502a

PC or Mac?

If icon is grey, it typically means it's disabled. Right click on it, select Enable Logmein. It should turn blue.

3. Hitman1717 thread starter macrumors regular

The laptop is a PC and I'm trying to access it with my iPad.

4. Helixc0de macrumors regular

Try reinstalling the program on the mac or pc and do the same on the ipad. This often solves the problem if that fails try to play around with the app. Also make sure all the settings are correct and that you have a steady internet connection.

5. Hitman1717 thread starter macrumors regular

I know there's an Internet connection because I have the laptop and iPad both open and working next to each other. Will try reinstall.

6. Meanee macrumors 6502a

on a PC, in a system tray, you will see a Logmein icon. It's a grey/blue round icon, with 3 dots. Right click on it. Select "Switch On Logmein" and make sure it turns blue, and does not have exclamation mark. If it turns blue, but has exclamation mark, restart your laptop, and it should work.

According to this page, it may be that your firewall on your laptop is blocking the connection. Temporarily disable it, and see if it works. If it does, you may need to put in exclusions. Let me know which software firewall you are using, I may be able to guide you through it.