Problem with .m4p protected audio ImovieHD

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by stevenstar, Apr 12, 2007.

1. stevenstar macrumors newbie

I have a 1ghz power pc Imac. Recently, when I import any .w4p (AAC) audio file purchased from Apple store and drop it on the audio timeline in ImovieHD, the video drops frames and stutters/stalls bad. If I drop in an .mp3 audio, everything works fine. I have reinstalled Itunes, Imovie, Ilife, Quicktime and even reverted to Itunes 7.0 with the same result. I have been converting my purchased songs to .mp3's, but it is a tedious process. Does anyone have a solution for this?

2. artalliance macrumors 6502

I can only talk about FCP, but even in FCP you can't use a protected AAC file.

3. mactree macrumors regular

I never use mp3's or other encoded audio in my editing, there's usually some sort of popping or glitching that occurs in the audio. The best thing to do is burn your purchased music onto disc, then just copy over the aiff file from the cd back to your harddrive and you're set. Of course they take up more space, but who cares about 30 MB's these days.

4. stevenstar thread starter macrumors newbie

Fcp

True, Final Cut Express will not allow you either, but Imovie does allow you and it used to work until recently. A test of a friends machine shows it works there, but there was a little "jittery video" after adding the .w4p audio file, but his machine was a dual core, much faster. I'm thinking re-install Osx at this point unless someone has an insight into this.