Problem with Mac Installer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by underdog43, Oct 28, 2009.

1. underdog43 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I got this problem that driving me crazy lately. When I try to install a package file with the installer, I pass first couple steps as it should be but when it comes to clicking the install button, nothing happens.

Any idea?

Thanks.

2. marzy macrumors member

Never heard of that before, does this happen with anything your trying to install or just this one thing you are trying to install?

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Try creating a new administrator account and see if it occurs there.

4. underdog43 thread starter macrumors newbie

It happens with every file that I try. I realized I can't create a new account either. I click on the lock it says "authenticating..." then goes back to how it was in seconds.

5. underdog43 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. amagro macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have the same problem, and since that happened the macbook run more slowly. :/

Leopard 10.5.8

7. dykiran macrumors newbie

guys,
    even i am also facing the same issue.

ANyone have any answers for this issue.

8. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

Could your password be incorrect? Put in your Snow Leopard disc and reboot holding C then go to Utilities and reset your password.

If that doesn't work, boot into the SL installer again and go to disk utility and repair permissions.

If that doesn't work and you use Time Machine, boot to the SL installer and restore from the latest backup when the Installer did work.

If you don't use Time Machine, move all your files to another computer or hard drive then reinstall Snow Leopard and replace all your files.