Problem with Mac reading SD card (software)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Wizdan, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Wizdan macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've recently come across a small problem and was wondering if anyone here could shed some light, or help me out a bit.

I own a Toshiba Camileo H20, (HD camcorder, which records to SD cards), and recently filmed an hour or so of video. Now the video plays fine on the camera itself, and works just as well if I hook it up to my TV via HDMI.

But whenever I attach the card to copy over the video files, I have a problem on my mac (White C2D Macbook, Snow Leopard). The mac doesn't 'see' the card. It doesn't appear on the desktop. (The card normally works fine on the mac.)

But it DOES appear in the disk utility app, only it is greyed out. I have used the utility to attempt to repair the disk, but it did not work.

It's the fact that it works perfectly fine on the camera, but not on the mac (windows sees the drive, but freezes when I click/select it), that has me puzzled.

I would like any assistance/pointers that you could give me, as I'm really stuck here.

Also, as I mentioned above, there is already footage on the card, so reformatting the card is out of the question. (If worst comes to worse, i'll just have to use the camera to play it back on. Oh, and the camera doesn't work as a dedicated card reader either.)

Thanks in advance,

Dan

2. HBOC macrumors 68020

it is not formatted in FAT32. That is most likely the problem. This happened to me when my buddy brought over his external HD. He has Windows, and I could only see the drive via DU.

DO you have a windows machine you can dump the video to? Or do you have Windows on your Mac? You could dump it to the Windows partition...