Problem with macbook a1286

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ermin, Jan 27, 2013.

1. ermin macrumors newbie

so here i am. i hv this macbook for some repair.person who gave it to me dont hv any cd or dvd for reinstaling system.so i dont know where to start.il say that i cant boot into sistem,i try but when it get to system its all messed up,i cant start any aplication and i cant see toolbar at top left screen.so usless.so now i try to get new os.i downloaded some of them and i tried to reinstall,ofc i got problems. i must say that im doing all this from windows pc so read carefuly.i got snowleopard_10a432_userdvd in dmg format.i burned it on duallayer dvd media using nero and after that i tried to boot it on mac with holding C button but nothing happenes.i also tried external dvd rom and yet no luck.so i went in store and bought a 8gb flash disk and downloaded transmac in hope that i can mount image and than boot on mac.when i tried that program said that my stick dont hv enough room for operation.now im downloading another os called Mac OS X Install DVD Snow Leopard RETAIL which is about 600mb smaller.any hlp u can give me here guys?

2. simsaladimbamba

That model number describes 22 MacBook Pro models ranging from 2008 to 2012, if it is a 2008 or 2009 MacBook Pro, you could use the 19 USD Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Upgrade DVD from the Apple Online Store,
    if it is a 2010 or 2011 MBP, you need to get the appropriate Restore DVDs, again from Apple (need to contact them personally, should cost 15 to 30 USD).
    If it is a 2012 MacBook Pro, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard will not work in any way, since Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard does not have drivers for 2012 Macs.

PS: Breaks, paragraphs and spaces make texts easier to read, do not just throw them out because they are not cool or so.

PPS: You will not get help with pirated software here.

3. ermin thread starter macrumors newbie

woow finaly some answers.Sry for my bad gramatic...so its not problem to pay for softwear but how can i be sure which one should i buy?I also google and find that that model range from 2009 to 2012. but i dont knw which one it is without emc number which is located in battery bay.im scared to open battery bay :apple:
    how long does it take to ship cd from apple to croatia :confused:

4. simsaladimbamba, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013

simsaladimbamba

Do not know about the shipping, looking at the battery bay is not that scary, all you need is a proper screw driver (if model is from 2009 and newer) or use the latch to open the battery door (2008 model).

Anyway, if you are lucky, there should be a serial number on the bottom, which you can then use here to get the specs of your computer.

[​IMG]

5. ermin thread starter macrumors newbie

yes i hv that serial number,it goes like this : w80210huagy

6. simsaladimbamba

That is a 2010 model, for which you either have to get the Restore DVDs (the Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Upgrade DVD will not work with this model), get access to another pre 2010 Mac (can you?) or access to any other Mac to download OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and make an installer out of the downloaded file to that USB flash memory thumb drive you mentioned.

7. ermin thread starter macrumors newbie

at this moment i dont know anyone else with mac but i can look tomorow.can you explain this litlle better if i find someone with mac "or access to any other Mac to download OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and make an installer out of the downloaded file to that USB flash memory thumb drive you mentioned"