Problem with Macbook display ?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by burky417, Apr 15, 2010.

1. burky417 macrumors newbie

Recently I have had a problem, in which my macbook pro display is blank. It is not dimmed, rather it "thinks" that it is still attached to an external monitor.

For a couple days, I would need to reboot and problem solved. But now that will not work either.

When I do connect to an external monitor, It is my primary display. The laptop display is still blank. But only when I perform a software update and it autorestarts, does my laptop display come back and is primary again.

Any ideas what is wrong and how to resolve?

Thanks,
    burky417

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

You could try resetting the PRAM to see if that fixes it, rather than rebooting repeatedly.

I believe to do it, When you start you macbook, before the bong sound, press and hold Option+Command+P+R, until it reboots again on it's own, then release them and let it start up. Be patient, and realize that it may restart again before booting all the way up.

If that doesn't work, you could also try booting into Safe Mode. Don't remember the Key to do that, but I believe just hold 'S' when booting before the bong sound.

3. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

That's shift, not S.

4. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

Ahhh, thank you...

5. burky417 thread starter macrumors newbie