Problem with Macbook Pro Mid 2010

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by adryon, Dec 30, 2014.

1. adryon macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have a Macbook pro 13' Mid-2010( 2,4 Ghz Dual core Intel p8600) and lately, I had a problem with it.

Shortly, since last week, my macbook started to emit a noisy buzz inside, my guess is that it's coming from the fan.

I attach to this topic a telephone record of the noise: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bymd8KfEtYXleU5QUUNKMGVhQ0E/view?usp=sharing

My question is, if anyone had this problem before or if anyone knows, what might be the problem? And how it can be fixed?

2. Vapor matt macrumors regular

sounds like fan bearing or its just clogged up with fluff and dust, you can remove bottom cover of laptop and inspect the fan and anything which might be blocking it. an easy fix or if you feel you don't want to do it yourself an apple repair agent or apple store will change out the fan.

3. adryon thread starter macrumors newbie

The problem is that I gave my laptop to a service to clean it 2 weeks ago, and right after that, the noise started. So there is no dust inside.

4. Vapor matt macrumors regular

then i would take it back to service and say this problem started after it being serviced by them and let them look at it again and listen to the noise you have now. best thing to do really

5. adryon thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll do that and see if there was a problem after they cleaned the interior.

6. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

maybe the geniuses left a screwdriver inside by mistake.

if it was recently serviced it should be covered by a warranty anyway.

7. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

They either didn't put something back properly, or they blew your fan out without holding the fan blades still and knackered the fan bearings, your never supposed to let compressed air spin fans due to this.

One of my 15" MBP fans makes a slight groaning noise when the computer is idling, will crack it open sometime soon and take a look. Don't think the fans are expensive?