Problem with macbook pro rebooting

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mattm99, Jan 29, 2015.

1. mattm99, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015

mattm99 macrumors newbie

Hi, I have a 2010 15" macbook pro that is having some annoying issues. It would randomly crash and shut down when I am using it, and when i restart it it will have trouble booting, making a repeated optical drive noise. I took it in to that genius bar and the guy told me my hard drive hasn't failed but it is failing. Today i went out and bought an SSD in hopes to fix the problem and boost performance but it is still having trouble. I will close the laptop for a while and come back and it will be powered off, I hit the power button and It makes the optical drive noise many times then finally boots up. Sometimes it will just repeatedly make the noise and wont boot up so I will hold the power button, and leave it for 20 minutes, then it will boot up. What the hell is going on is it just getting old?

This is the noise im talking about
    http://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201623 - the first one

it will just make that noise over and over again with a black screen and sometimes finally boot up.

Thanks guys, been a frustrating couple days.

2. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

Open up your computer and make sure none of the cables and connectors aren't loose. Go back to apple if nothing changes, but first look on youtube to see if you installed it 100% right :D

3. mattm99 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am pretty positive i installed it right. The only thing i can think of is the data/power cable is faulty. Does that seem feasible?