Problem with Macbook Pro Sreen turns grey when moved.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by brigantium, Feb 7, 2013.

1. brigantium macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm new here. Didn't Know if anyone could help. I have a MacBook Pro Laptop 15" 2.4 Ghz. Not sure If it's a Merom or Penryn model. I use it as a desktop machine with a separate display attached. The display is a 20" aluminum Cinema Display if that matters. I also had a bad NVIDIA chip and had to have the logic board replaced. When I open the screen to the laptop to wake it from sleep, the separate monitor works fine, but the laptop screen itself sometimes freezes, turns grey, flickers etc. If I press the screen about 2" in diagonally from the lower right hand corner the problem sometimes stops. I presume there must be some connection that is lose or bad. Can anyone confirm this. Does anyone know if this is something that can be easily replaced with a low cost part. Would the Apple Hardware Test Pick this up if the problem isn't constant. I'm somewhat skint at the moment and would prefer not consulting a computer repair tech if necessary until I have a good understanding of what the problem might be and what it will cost to fix. Thanks.

2. Edie Brickell macrumors member

You need to connect with AppleCare which can help you out. It seems like a hardware problem and can be resolved by Apple guys. Also you can visit any recommended Mac repair shop which can also help you.