Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
Santiago, Chile
I don't know how to explain it, but I'll do my best...

Basically my macbook (white), is thinking that it is two days in one. :confused:

I know it's confusing: my 'date & time' settings are correct for the date and for the time. my ical dock icon shows the correct date, and my clock in the menu bar shows the correct time, BUT my dashboard (every single widget on it) thinks I'm one day in advance.

take for example, I'm Venezuela (EST timing is 30 mins ahead of us here). so my clock & ical icon show right now, 'fri 9:05 am' and 'jul 10'... while if i open the dashboard, the widgets (like the ical widget, a few countdown widgets, and the 'this day in history' widget) are all on July 11th?!:confused:

this thing started happening a couple days ago... i dont recall installing something or anything... and its been a while since ive changed some settings....

any help??
and thanks in advance!!

jesrod

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2009
This is a problem related with the time zone in apple (time.apple.com). I've having this problem since I bought my macbook last year and apparently, there's no current solution for this from apple.

PJM

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2007
I had this problem for two years. Last month, I had to do a clean install of Leopard for other reasons and this particular problem disappeared.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.